Sunday, July 6, 2008

Bye Pink, Hello Blue!

When I first started the blog, unknown the sex of the baby, I picked a neutral color tone lilac for the blog. Now, knowing it is going to be a boy, I changed the color palette to blue.

Like every expecting mommy, I got asked by friends now and then whether I wanted a boy or girl. I always said I wanted a girl because I can dress her. Knowing it is a boy, I have been thinking these days. Do I really want a girl just because I can dress her? I think maybe not. I wanted a girl because I understand girls by once being a girl myself. Honestly, what do I know about boys? How am I going to raise a boy by knowing nothing about his thoughts and needs. It is the unfamiliarity that subconsciously nudged me towards the thought of having a girl would be easier.

I talked to XJ about my concerns. He laughed at me : “Silly, that is why you have me. I was a boy. I know boys. I will deal with it.” Exactly! Look at what I was worry about. I have been trying to deny that pregnant women always have low IQs. It seems that for something, it is what it is, you just can’t deny it.

During the last several months, every time I saw those cute little pink dresses hardly can I resist the temptation to own them. They are just so adorable! I always daydreamed a girl looked exactly like me in these lovely pink outfits. How amazing that would be! Now, there is a total different picture in my mind: the little XJ in a polo shirt and a baseball hat, sporty and nerdy, just like his daddy.

Pink, bye for now and hello blue!

(P.S.: Many thanks to Yujing and Xiao for the baby outfit featured in XJ's picture here. )

1 comment:

Kylie (Kaili) Jia said...

I was laughing so hard seeing the picture at the end! Wow!!! Your baby has really grown!