Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Mozart or Bach?


Research indicates fetuses’ abilities to hear are well developed by the end of the second trimester. Knowing it is such a cliché for parents wanting the best for their child-even before the child is born, XJ and I still can’t help but start to think about exposing Little XJ&XJ some music. Human nature of wanting the best for the baby aside, we wishfully think you never know if utero concerto is going to do wonders.

XJ loves classic music. His favorite musician is J.S Bach. While I know little about music, I decided to delegate this task to XJ completely. (It is not easy for a hands-on leader like me to make this decision). In order to provide our baby a uterine environment that’s rich enough in music, XJ thinks we should expose him to different classic music instead of Mozart, or Bach, or Beethoven. In another word, we want to give him all. After the short brainstorm session, XJ promised me he will get work on this immediately. Half an hour later, he came to my computer claiming he'd found a perfect solution. That was fast! I was thinking giving him a week time. He opened a website, clicked on the “Listen Alive” button:

“This is where Boston comes to relax. Boston’s classic music station – 99.5, WCRB”, a voice came from the speakers.

Well, this is a man who knows shortcut! It is the classic music station he has been listening to. However, only results matter in my theory. Several days have been past and I am pretty satisfied with the company of all day long programmed live music, never a dull moment…

I am wondering what Little XJ&XJ thinks about our new endeavor. No matter what you think, baby, we are just trying to entertain you, not really trying to push you closer to an Ivy League degree or that sort of thing, well, which would be even nicer if it is the side effect. :)

1 comment:

Kylie (Kaili) Jia said...

I am really worrying about the true side effect: Little XJ&XJ may turn into a musician or conductor (like Keith Lockhart!