Monday, April 21, 2008

The Word For You Is To CHILL

It has been several days since my first nurse visit. I should have written something about it but the pregnancy fatigue hit me so hard and I feel like doing nothing these days, even sitting in front of the computer makes me sick. I am in my ninth week pregnant. Hopefully the nausea and other discomforts will magically disappear as the second trimester sets in like they said in books.

Usually, the first hospital visit is with a nurse. I guess the doctor is too busy to see me and I am too insignificant to be seen by a doctor in current stage. Basically, it is like a meeting and greeting experience. We are supposed to ask the nurse a lot of questions and be drawn A LOT OF bloods to be tested for various items. I was drawn EIGHT tubes of bloods that day.

The nurse is very amiable, and knowledgeable. She is a like a pregnancy cheerleader trying to cheer you up. You can feel the professional fake underneath it but what do you expect instead, a cold shoulder? During the visit, we found out my exact due date – 11/30/08. XJ had a lot more questions to ask than I have. He appeared more concerned than I was. At the end of the appointment, the nurse asked me to relax, live as usual and enjoy my pregnancy. She turned to my husband and said: “For you, the word is to CHILL.” We all laughed.

1 comment:

Kylie (Kaili) Jia said...

Yes, Chill XJ!!! Although it's very sweet that XJ is so concerned. Keep writing!