Sunday, June 29, 2008

OMG, Stretch Mark!

I went to shopping with one of my girlfriends the other day. Except that both of us gained quite a lot of satisfaction from the so-called “Retail Therapy”, I reaped another surprise, and it is bad. :( My girlfriend noticed that I got one of every pregnant woman’s nightmares – STRETCH MARKS, on my back waist!

What the hell! I dived into research about preventing and reducing stretch marks when I first got to know that I am pregnant. And I thought I have found the perfect solution – Palmers’s Cocoa Butter Massage Lotion. As per dermatologist, cocoanut oil is the best to prevent and reduce pregnant stretch marks. I have been religiously applying it on my tummy every day for several months. Maybe it is working, maybe it is not the time yet, I haven’t seen any single trace of stretch mark on the front of my abdomen. I was even delighted that I might be able to get around this horrible “Geographical Map on Your Tummy” thing with some luck and the help of this massage oil. This little finding on the back absolutely shattered my dream. How come it starts growing on the back first?! I do have a little bulge on the front but nothing happened on the back yet. It is so unfair!!

People say you never know what would happen on your back. It is so true that even pregnant stretch marks surprised me like this. In a second thought, it is actually silly to care so much about it. It is part of the nature. Also, I am not even a beach babe, who else can see it?! XJ says the stretch mark is lovely. Anyway, from that day on, the daddy-to-be started to pick up another daily task – applying the stretch massage oil on my back.

1 comment:

Kylie (Kaili) Jia said...

I think XJ is setting up such a good example for all daddies-to-be. You are also helping to raise the bar higher and higher... Hee-heeee...